The Portland Cement Association (PCA) announced the 10 recipients of the inaugural 2016 Resilience Leadership Awards.
The Resilience Leadership Awards recognize the individuals, organizations and projects that have advocated, communicated and showcased the benefits of durable construction and the importance of concrete in achieving resilience. Winners practice their message in a variety of arenas, including education, community organization, construction and code enhancement.
The inaugural award program coincides with the association’s centennial milestone, which will be celebrated throughout 2016.
The 2016 Resilience Leadership Award winners are:
- Individual Achievement: Dr. Ernst Kiesling.
- Community Leadership: Cate Hart and Daniel Wallach.
- New Public Buildings: Warren County Public Schools.
- New Commercial Building: North Central College.
- New Multifamily Building: Palermo Vista (Fleet Financial/Oakwood Construction and Development).
- New Residential Building, Gold Level: John Hoffman.
- New Residential Building, Silver Level: Greenhill Contracting.
- New Residential Building, Silver Level: Marie Quakenbush.
- New Safe Room Construction: Boy Scouts of America, Heart of America Council (H. Roe Bartle Scout Reservation).