Dallas-based Texas Industries, Inc. announced changes to its executive management team to support the implementation of its long-term strategy. Jamie Rogers has been named vice president and chief operating officer and will report to Mel Brekhus, president and CEO. Rogers previously served as Vice President–Consumer Products for the company and has been with TXI since 1996.
"As Vice President–Consumer Products, Jamie built a team that has developed a number of innovative solutions that strengthened customer relationships, improved operating efficiencies, and enhanced the safety of our employees," Brekhus stated. "I believe the new assignments will improve an already strong team and further help us build a vertically integrated company that is customer focused and market driven," Brekhus added.
In conjunction with this reorganization, Rogers will lead a team of executives who are responsible for each of the company's operational units. This team brings a long-standing history of service to TXI and a solid foundation of experience and knowledge of the industry. Included in his team are:
● J. Lynn Davis, who will continue as Vice President–Cement, leading TXI's Hunter Cement expansion and commissioning project;
● Ed Gerik, who will serve as Vice President –Aggregate Production and Expanded Shale & Clay;
● Steve Mayfield, who will serve as Vice President –Cement/Aggregate Sales & Marketing;
● Ronnie Pruitt, who will serve as Vice President –Cement Production; and
● Tom Zais, who will serve as Vice President –Ready Mix.
The changes, which took effect June 1, will leverage TXI's strength of vertical integration and enable the company to further enhance its long-term competitive position. A key objective of the management realignment is the improved ability of TXI's teams to collaborate and innovate more effectively across operational units.