The new Costa Rican grinding plant for Cementos Fortaleza, which was recently announced by owner Elementia S.A.B. de C.V., will feature Gebr. Pfeiffer’s new ready2grind modular system. The $17.5 million investment will allow Elementia to achieve the project’s primary goal of directly integrating two of its divisions by self-producing cement needed for the manufacture of its Plycem fiber cement products.
Gebr. Pfeiffer’s ready2grind solution will enable the company to produce 300,000 tpy at the Cementos Fortaleza plant located in Salinas Esparza, Puntarenas. The ready2grind solution is known as the world’s first modular grinding solution utilizing the high efficiency of vertical roller mills, according to the manufacturer. The system’s compact, modular design allows it to be transported and mounted quickly and efficiently while keeping investment costs to a minimum.
When completed, Cementos Fortaleza’s grinding plant will accommodate all phases from pre-crushing and feed systems through storage silos and packing plant operations. Production is scheduled to begin in the first quarter 2018.
The broad project scope includes:
- Clinker mill feed system with 4 hoppers.
- MVR 2500 C-4 roller clinker mill with classifier and ancillaries.
- Process filters, hot gas generator and fan.
- Electrical controls and drives.
- Cement transport and three storage silos.
- Packing plant and bulk loading systems.
- Monitoring and coordination of erection as well as commissioning of the grinding plant.