LafargeHolcim announced changes to its executive committee reflecting an evolved global portfolio following recent divestments and a transition to the next phase as it closes the integration phase of the Lafarge Group and Holcim Ltd. merger. Representing the Western Hemisphere are region heads Pascal Casanova, North America, and Oliver Osswald, Central and South America.
Upon the July 2015 merger, Casanova transitioned from Lafarge France chief executive officer to the Latin America Region and Executive Committee. He served in Lafarge Roofing and Research and Development executive capacities over 12 years, leading to the Lafarge France appointment. Casanova succeeds Alain Bourguignon, who along with Ian Thackwray (Asia Pacific Region and trading), have decided to leave the company.
Osswald joins the executive committee in an expanded role from an initial LafargeHolcim Argentina operations assignment. He joined Mexico-based Holcim Apasco in 1995; proceeded to Holcim Switzerland and Germany marketing and management posts; and returned to Apasco in 2012, taking the helm at Holcim Argentina two years later.
Casanova and Osswald “bring valuable combined experience in retail, commercial transformation and performance management. They will be key assets for the new team,” said LafargeHolcim CEO Eric Olsen.
Other transitions include: Roland Köhler, currently responsible for the Europe Region, will also add Australia, New Zealand and trading to his responsibilities.
Martin Kriegner, currently responsible for India, will join the executive committee and take additional responsibility for South East Asia.
As of August 5, 2016, the LafargeHolcim executive committee, chaired by Eric Olsen, will be composed of the following members:
- Urs Bleisch, group head of performance and cost.
- Pascal Casanova, region head North America including Mexico.
- Roland Köhler, region head Europe and Australia / New Zealand and trading.
- Martin Kriegner, region head India and South East Asia.
- Gérard Kuperfarb, region head of growth and innovation.
- Caroline Luscombe, group head of organization and human resources.
- Oliver Osswald, region head Central and South America.
- Saâd Sebbar, region head Middle East and Africa.
- Ron Wirahadiraksa, chief financial officer.