This year marks the centennial anniversary of the Portland Cement Association (PCA). During the last 100 years, PCA has become widely recognized as the authority on the technology, economics, and applications of cement and concrete.
The anniversary marks an occasion to not only celebrate the association, but where the industry has come and where it is heading into the next century. Many of the roads and buildings promoted a century ago not only still exist, but remain in active use. This is not just a testament to the resiliency of concrete, but also its role as a building block of society.
In celebrating its milestone, the association will be involved with and hosting several events throughout the year, as well as presenting a video series, and speeches honoring the past, present and future. The events include:
- Feb. 2-5: World of Concrete, Las Vegas, Nev. The official launch of the centennial celebration.
- March 14-15: PCA Spring Congress, Chicago. Main centennial celebration for PCA membership.
- May 24-25: 2016 D.C. Fly-In, Washington, D.C. Reception for members of Congress, congressional staff, agency officials, and allied groups in conjunction with the transportation fly-in.
- July 18: Open house at the PCA Skokie, Ill., headquarters. PCA and CTLGroup to showcase campus to local politicians, government officials, local construction and business leaders, CTLGroup clients, and potential clients.
- Aug. 29-31: PCA Fall Congress, Chicago. Centennial celebration reception for associate members.
- Nov. 13-15: PCA Fall Summit, Palm Beach, Fla. Celebration dinner with past board members and special guests.