The Portland Cement Association (PCA) announced the winners of the 2020 Energy and Environment (E&E) Awards, recognizing outstanding environmental and community relations efforts that go above and beyond what is required. Submissions from plants across the U.S. were evaluated and recognized for environmental efforts completed in 2019.
“America’s cement manufacturers continue to focus on researching and developing new and innovative ways to reduce environmental footprint,” said PCA President and CEO Michael Ireland. “The companies receiving these awards are great examples of our industry’s commitment to sustainability and energy efficiency.”
The awards were presented during the PCA Fall Virtual Committee Meetings.
The following plants were named the 2020 E&E Award winners:
- Energy Efficiency: Argos USA, Harleyville, S.C.
- Environmental Performance: Ash Grove Cement, Midlothian, Texas.
- Innovation: GCC of America, Odessa, Texas.
- Land Stewardship: LafargeHolcim, Holly Hill, S.C.
- Outreach: Roanoke Cement Co./Titan America, Troutville, Va.
- Overall Environmental Excellence: Lehigh Hanson, Union Bridge, Md.