The Portland Cement Association (PCA) announced the winners of the 2019 Energy and Environment (E&E) Awards, recognizing outstanding environmental and community relations efforts that go above and beyond what is required. Submissions from plants across the U.S. were evaluated and recognized for environmental efforts completed in 2018.
“The awards highlight how America’s cement manufacturers are focused on sustainably producing the highest quality product with minimal environmental footprint,” said PCA President and CEO Michael Ireland. “The companies selected for these environmental accolades demonstrate a strong culture of innovation that result in energy efficiency and sustainable manufacturing practices.”
The following plants were presented 2019 E&E Awards at the 3rd annual Cement and Concrete Fly-In held last month in Washington, D.C.:
- Energy Efficiency: CalPortland, Mojave, Calif.
- Environmental Performance: Roanoke Cement Co./ Titan America, Troutville, Va.
- Innovation: Lehigh Hanson Inc., Permanente Plant, Cupertino, Calif.
- Land Stewardship: Buzzi Unicem USA, Greencastle, Ind.
- Outreach: Cemex Construction Materials South, Lyons, Colo.