The Portland Cement Association (PCA) announced the winners of the 2019 Chairman’s Safety Performance Awards, which recognize outstanding safety performance in the manufacturing of portland cement. Presented at the 3rd Annual Cement and Concrete Fly-In event in Washington, D.C., the nine winners were selected from 98 cement facilities across the country.
“Safety is the most important job we all have,” said Tom Beck, PCA chairman and president of Continental Cement. “Doing everything possible to assure that our employees go home in the same condition as they arrived is paramount and we’re proud to highlight these top safety performers.”
The 2019 PCA Chairman’s Safety Performance Award winners by category are:
Less Than 206,980 Man-Hours
- Lehigh Hanson Inc., Logansport, Ind.
- Cemex USA, Demopolis, Ala.
- LafargeHolcim, Theodore, Ala.
- Cemex USA, Clinchfield, Ga.
- The Monarch Cement Co., Humboldt, Kan.
- Ash Grove Cement Co., Durkee, Ore.
- Martin Marietta, New Braunfels, Texas
- Lehigh Hanson Inc., Permanente Plant, Cupertino, Calif.
- Cemex USA, Victorville, Calif.