Source: Portland Cement Association, Skokie, Ill.
A leader in concrete and cement education for nearly a century, PCA is expanding its educational offerings with the debut of its online learning center. “Cement and Its Impact on Concrete Performance” is designed for engineers and other construction professionals involved in concrete construction. The six-part series on concrete and cement technology explains cement’s role in sustainability, cement types and applications, and how cement affects the performance of the final product, concrete.
Each hour-long module focuses on professional development while addressing relevant topics and issues for today’s construction professional. Topics covered include:
• Cement’s Role in Sustainability—Learn about the important role cement and concrete play in sustainable construction.
• Cement Manufacturing—Develop an understanding of how changes in material selection in manufacturing affect the properties of concrete.
• Types and Applications of Cement—Discover how new cement specifications can improve concrete performance and sustainability.
• Cement Characteristics—Understand the process of hydration.
• Impact of Cement on Concrete Properties—Learn the impact of cement on the hardened properties of concrete.
• Abnormal Reactions and Compatibility of Materials with Cement—Identify and address abnormal chemical reactions, avoiding problems in concrete.
Courses are self-paced and can be taken without the travel and time commitments of conventional classes. One CEU/PDH is available with each module. PCA is offering all six modules for $650. For more information or to order, go to www.cement.org/elearning.